First, Thank you fellow-bloggers for the comments. Wish you the best for the application process!
Argh. I'm slowly getting sucked into the vortex of work, personal chores and other mundanities.
I m-u-s-t REFOCUS!
In the hope that publicly committing myself to the required tasks will shame me into action :)
here's my plan.
Target schools --
HBS, MIT, Stanford [and Wharton]
Round 1 targets: HBS and MIT
Round 2 targets: Stanford [and Wharton]
Main tasks --
1. Application forms
3. Class visits
6. Collateral (Write-ups for recommenders, background info/examples)
AUGUST 2nd week:
* Think hard and long and write up a doc about my long-term goals,
why MBA, where have I been, plan ahead etc. etc.
* Prepare Resume'
* Order transcripts
* Zone in on the HBS essay topics
AUGUST 3rd week:
* Approach potential recommenders and ask them nicely
* HBS 3 essays - first-cut drafts
AUGUST 4th week:
* Track transcripts
* HBS other 4 essays - first-cut drafts
SEPTEMBER 1st and 2nd week:
* Re-meet recommenders, armed with material/preso/writeup
* Furiously work away on HBS essays
* Fill out the HBS application form.
SEPTEMBER 3rd and 4th week:
* Schedule a class visit to HBS and MIT.
* Nag recommenders about HBS app.
* Craft and re-craft HBS essays.
OCTOBER 1st and 2nd week:
* Get HBS app all in order
* Submit HBS!
OCTOBER 3rd and 4th week:
* Fill out MIT app form.
* Labor over MIT essays.
* Nag recommenders about MIT app.
November 1st week:
* Submit MIT!
November 2nd, 3rd and 4th week:
* Fill out Stanford app form.
* Work on Stanford essays.
* Nag recommenders about Stanford app.
* Submit Stanford!
* chill (adj.) brrrr.
* chill (verb) zzzzzz.